1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Me Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by matt1227792000, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt1227792000

matt1227792000 Thread Starter

OK HERES THE DEAL, I BOUGHT A GATEWAY CPU, THEN AFTER A WHILE I BOUGHT A NEW CPU OFFLINE, AND I SWITCHED THE HARDDRIVE, CDROM AND FLOPPY TO THE NEW CPU, IM RUNNING WINDOWS ME, AND I CANT RUN THE SETUP CAUSE ITS NO LONGER A GATEWAY PC, WHEN I TURN THE CPU ON I GET A MESSAGE SAYING ERROR RUNNING C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/SISTRAY.EXE. IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO GET THAT FILE CAUSE STUPID GATEWAY PUT SOME KIND OF BLOCK ON IT, EVERYTHING ELSE RUNS OK, AND I DONT WANT THAT TO BE A PROBLEM SO I WOULD LIKE TO FIX IT, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT, THANX

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Sistray.exe isn't something Gateway is responsible for. It's a piece of software that installs with your onboard SIS video card. Anyway, I'm not exactly sure from your post what exactly you have going on at this point.

Is Windows ME up and running and the only problem is you get that error at startup?

Are you posting right now using the same Windows ME PC that's having the problems with the Sistray.exe error?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice