1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ME+VIA+New Detonator=Problem?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CaneyJ, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaneyJ

CaneyJ Thread Starter

I got a Leadtek Geforce 2 MX 100/200. Everything was going fine until I installed the latest drivers from the nvidia website.

I restarted and got my default green screen and the startup sound but it had several multicoloured lines running across the screen and not icons or startbar. When I click I here things responding but nothing happens. Is it the drivers?

If so could somebody tell me how to uninstall these drivers. I tried putting in an old video card (TNT2 M64) and I have got the basic display but 3D images are fractured. If I get rid of the drivers how do I put the Geforce 2 back in without windows ME auto detecting it. Can I enable the CD ROM in Safemode to install the working drivers on my CD that came with the card?

I also heard that the latest drivers could cause troubles with VIA chipsets. I have a KT7-A Raid Mobo with a VIA chipset. Could that be the problem. What latest driver doesn't come with these problems and works with Geforce 2's. I don't need XP.

2. brianF

brianF

start your machine is safe mode per the following

To start Windows Me in Safe mode, press and hold down the CTRL key while you restart your computer, and then choose Safe Mode on the Windows Me Startup menu.

Not change your machine over to std vga drivers
    Click Start , point to Settings , click Control Panel , and then double-click Display .

Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced .

Click the Adapter tab, and then click Change .

Click Next , click Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want, and then click Next .

Click Show All Devices .

In the Manufacturers box, click (Standard Display Types) .

In the Models box, click Standard Display Adapter (VGA) , click OK , and then click Next .

Click Next , click Next , and then click Finish .

Click Close , click Close again, and then click Yes to restart your computer.

Now you can either reinstall the original drivers from cd or download 21.83 drivers from here and try them
    http://www.m3dzone.com/files.php?directory=Videocards/nVidia/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice