Mecer N243S8 overheating?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tshepo

Hi everyone

My dad gave me his old lapy, is a mecer N243S8 but its overheating. So I opened the processor cover and removed the heat sink, the CPU was dry, no thermal paste, I applied the thermal paste but it continued to overheat. One other thing I noticed is that the fan turns, then stops and starts again in a few seconds, but even if the fan is turning, the heat sink gets hot in a matter of seconds. My question lies here, the CPU on it is a 2.4ghz CPU but when I google the model I get a 1.7ghz model, so is it possible that they could have tried to upgrade the CPU with a bigger one so the cooling system cant handle the heat produced by the 2.4ghz CPU and again if so what do I need to do?

Well....first i would look in the BIOS to make sure it isn't overclocked (load fail-safe defaults)....then i would replace the fan if possible.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online