1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mech Warrior 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Conman, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conman

Conman Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am trying to install this game (MechWarrior4) my grandmother got for me and I keep getting an error when I reach about 38% complete that says "Their is an error accessing the file C:\programfiles\microsoftgames\mechwarriorvengeance\resource\textures.mw4 your disk may be full or the file may be in use" I am confident I have plenty of disk space and I am unable to locate this file to determine if it is in use. I tried a patch from the vendor website but it said it could not load because of a previous error. I assume it means the one from loading. I have a Gateway with Windows xp 2002, pentium4, 512ram. Can you help

2. The_PC_Gamer

The_PC_Gamer

Well, If I understand correctly, the game will not install since there is an error. So that means there is a currupt file on the cd. Either the Cd is scratched or the file is broken. If CD is new, liek you said, try exhanging it for a different copy of the game.

3. Abomonog

Abomonog

If I remember Right, this is a bug. The fix was to either turn on or off DMA access on you CDrom. depending on if it was on or off in the first place. The fix is actually printed in the game manual if I remember right.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice