Mechanical Mouse to Optical Mouse Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1946wdx

Hi, My daughters Computer is a Dell Dimension 2400 and has a mechanical mouse that is really a pain to use. I have a spare Optical mouse but it has a different Plug in than the mechanical. The Mechanical mouse has a round plug, the Optical mouse has a long rectangle conection. Will the optical mouse work?

The optical mouse uses a standard USB connection. As long as the computer has a hole of the correct shape, it should work fine.

The optical mouse should work fine, if she has a USB port available. If not, you can get a USB to PS2 adaptor...

1946wdx

Thank you for your Help!
I have it pluged in to the computer and the mouse light is on, but the computer doesent seem to be recopnizing it as a mouse. If i unplug the mechanical mouse I have no mouse control. What am I doing wrong?

1946wdx

I just looked at the Mouse and it is a Memorex it also reads on the bottom (recharge the batteries over 8 hours!) Maybe it will work tonight or tommorrow?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online