Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Media Center and music library

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pageyz001 
#1 ·
Just got my new HP dv9220us with Vista Home Premium. Never tried media center before. I have always been an iTunes fan when it comes to my music library (about 90gigs worth).

Thought I'd give the Media Center a try since I never used it before. When viewing my music in the media center music library, a lot of the album art is not displayed, and a lot of my albums have some of their tracks split like they are part of 2 separate albums. I am assuming this has something to do with some of the tags.....maybe? I use Mp3tag to edit the tags on all my music, then when importing to iTunes I use iTunes to edit some of the other least populat tags (composers, etc.) A lot of my album art I use iTunes to "find" the album artwork when importing. When iTunes does this, does it add the artwork to the tags, or is it just for iTunes purposes (which might explain some of the missing artwork on media center). Also, if I want to update or change my tags for any reason after media center has added it to it's library, how can I get media center to "update" particular music and albums to reflect the changes??

OK, to sum up....

1. What is the easiest way to get my missing album artwork to display in media center?

2. How can get my "stray" tracks back in their original albums so they won't show as a whole separate album?

3. How do I "update" my media center library if I make changes?

THANKS!!!:up:

See less See more
#2 ·
One feature I like with WMP (Windows Media Player) and Windows Media Center is that they have the options to automatically search online and replace incorrect information with your songs, artists, etc. at the same time finding missing information (ie: album cover) however this feature has to be turned on. Go through your preferences and see if you would like this and then turn it on.

#3 ·
i think it has to do with itunes's encryption on purchased music i found this problem when trying to access from my xbox 360 and it anoys me that they dont allow windows to see their music!! I HAVE PAID FOR IT SO WHY CANT I USE IT HOW I WANT????
i am currently in the process of finding a work around for this and will post my findings if i find anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.