1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Center Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gayleanne, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gayleanne

gayleanne Thread Starter

I've never had this problem before so it has me puzzled. I went to my Media Center scrolled down to MY TV which has always worked just fine, it is hooked up to cable. When trying to open MY TV this is the response I get.

Video decoder is either corrupt or not installed. Please restart media center and/or computer. If the problem persists go to HELP for additional imformation.

The computer is three years old and I have always bveen able to watch the TV with no problem. Of course I shut the computer down and retsarted it but that did nothing. I can't even locate their HELP menu? Any ideas? When I go to microsoft they say it is $59.00 for a tech support phone call, I had no idea they weren't helping out with Windows XP any longer, except for a very high fee, I don't get it?

Would appreciate any info you might have.

gayleanne

2. endfro

endfro

I dont know a terribly large amount about Media Center, but if it were me, I would start by uninstalling, and reinstalling my video drivers, and maybe your TV Tuners drivers as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!