Media Center recording help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

midwest

I like the concept of the media center. It is very easy to use. I can record to a dvd on this, except when I tried a dvd+rw (it did not work). My system is suppose to allow this.

My system came pre-installed with the Sonic My DVD. I have not been able to record using that program. I have tried every update, suggestion, recovery that is out there, and though I now get fewer errors, I am still left with Sonic My Dvd has encountered an error. This seems to be ann error signature problem with the application name my dvd.exe. I thought it was the sonic encoders, but I believe I have those, since I can record in the windows media center.

HP now wants me to do a non-destructive recovery, which I am not comfortable with.

I just installed the Nero 8 trial, and am not thrilled with it. It will bring up my files from media center in one area under the video & tv setting, but when I go to the burn section, it does not see the files. Also, as I just installed this, I don't know how to pre-record tv, like the media center allows. When watching the tv, I get a squiggly green line in the center of the picture. (very annoying)

The media center made the initial recording so simple, why can't they just supply the added features, such as editing. Even if consumers had to pay for this, it would boost their income, as I would pay a small amount.

I really would just like my Sonic software to work, but I'm believing I may be out of luck with that. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear from them.

My system is an HP M7160N/Windows XP2/Media Center 2005/Service Pack 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online