1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Center Replacement

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Missie, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missie

Missie Thread Starter

I'm looking into getting a cheap computer to replace the 1500 dollar Dell that crapped out on me with no signs of life, and I'd really prefer getting Windows XP instead of Vista so I can use my tablet which is languishing away since I cannot use it with Vista without it shaking all over the place. Vista SUCKS. But I digress.

Now, I can find desktop with Windows XP alright, but I'd really like Windows XP Media Center rather than Windows XP Home or whatever else. I can not find a computer that still has Windows XP Media Center edition.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a program to replace Media Center if I can't get the Media Center edition of XP. I have an Xbox and would like to put a TV tuner in the computer. It'd be nice if it could communicate with the Xbox, but not a total deal breaker if it can't. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

2. LostAtSea

LostAtSea

i have an HP Pavillion dv8330us its about a year and a half old and runs anything i can throw at it, it has the tv tuner adapter and media center installed and readily talks to every xbox i allow it to within the building i live in... great for gaming on its own as well... i've tried to look as well to for new laptops that run xp media center in recent months to give to my brother for when he graduates but its been tough goin finding anything new...just figured i'd give an idea of where to start looking

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice