media centre digital problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

INCH

hello all
My friend has just decided to go digital and has purchased a philips mt1400http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=257541 the problem is that digital tv is not playing well and theres no sound present. Now ive reset everything back to factory settings and tried to reinstall the digital channels but the samething occurs.On analogue setting it works fine but when digital become involved it fails. Ive even tried the pc at my home where ive got a similar system set up and i get the same result. Strangely his pc finds more channels and radio stations than mine!! but it wont play them back without a jerky picture and no sound. After trying it at mine i decided that the card must be faulty so we returned the pc back to the store and got a replacement and low and behold the same thing occurs!!! whats happening?:confused:
Any advice??

To recieve top quality digital tv is only as good as the signal you are recieving, I know from my own experience I had to install a top of the range aerial and a signal booster to get digital to work.

INCH

Yes i believe i have that sorted at my own house,just had the aerial installed aweek ago. in theory my mates pc should recieve the same 39 or so channels i recieve,when i fetched it over here. I have top up tv,and a freecom dvbt stick for the laptop which work fine.And my own media centre works without jerking.I'm gonna take my pc over to his house this arvo and see if i can get it to work on his aerial-he too has top up tv that works with out door aerial. I even got the media remote to change channel on freeveiw box but cannot get the media centre to show that either.Think his first pc experience has put him off already, the last resort is to get an installation guy to come out from pcworld think they want £50 for that

cheers kenny"inch"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online