Media Creation Tool 21H1 Is Now Available!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You can get the new version of the Media Creation Tool from HERE.

Download and save the 18.5 MB-size MediaCreationTool21H1.exe file.
Close all open windows and apps first, then double-click the saved file to start the setup process.
Follow the instructions carefully as each window appears.
You will have the option to create either a bootable install DVD or a bootable install USB flash drive.

If you choose to create a bootable install USB flash drive, make sure it has a capacity of at least 8 GB.
If you choose to create a bootable install disc, you can use a recordable DVD disc instead of a recordable DVD DL disc.
The ISO file size is noticeably smaller than it was when 20H2 was released last year, so a double layer disc is not needed.
The ISO file size for me for the 64-bit version was 4.24 GB, and it burned fine in a recordable DVD disc.

------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I used my newly-created recordable DVD to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 64-bit in one of my test computers.
It installed Build 19043.928 which Windows Update later updated to Build 19043.985.
A few new bloatware apps were added to the 40+ bloatware apps that come in Windows 10, so I had some additional "de-cluttering" to do.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online