Solved Media Creation Tool problem

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
PoppinDeluxe:
You cannot simply use that 18.5 MB-size MediaCreationTool21H1.exe file "as is" to upgrade or install Windows 10.
You need to run that executable file and then follow the instructions for creating a bootable install USB flash drive.
Liz provided you with a very good pictorial guide HERE that you can follow.

-------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
Idk what u are talking about but I just installed the exe file from another pc and copied it to the USB.
OK, so we are on the same page, are you running the setup file on the USB drive? If so then you need to move the tool setup to a working computer's desktop, then run the tool setup from the desktop. The tool will then format the USB drive, then install the Windows files necessary to complete the Windows setup/reset.

After that, you put the USB drive that now has the Windows files into the affected computer and then run the USB drive from the computer startup. I am not sure what is the key for Lenovo to get the Boot Menu.

If you can access this machines Windows, I would also suggest getting your data off, then do a clean install too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online