Media Gateway - needed or not: Good or bad?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Singer35

This might not be a problem, but I'd like to know how safe it is.

When playing d/l'd music on Windows Media Player, occasionally "Media Gateway" pops-up (playstream.searchasong.net) and want me to d/l something. As I'm not sure I trust it, I'd like to get rid of it but can't find it anywhere on my computer. I've checked the registry, programs in control panel and a general search. Should I continue to ignore it or try something else or is it OK?

Any help appreciated.

Singer35

Singer35

I've run AVG (Paid), Ad-aware, Windows Defender and checked the registry but nothing shows up. Now I'm getting one called "MediaPass" which I assume is the same thing. If it's embedded in a file I d/l'd from Lime Wire, shouldn't it show up with one of these?

Thanks for any help

Singer

Singer35

Everything is up to date. Think I'll take my 'puter in for maintenance and let someone else figure it out. LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts