1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jahjah, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jahjah

jahjah Thread Starter

please help. My computer has not been able to fully load videos on websites. Initially, it started with youtube, but now it's any video. It will load for a few seconds, then I have to click where it left off and continue doing this to watch the entire video. i've updated drivers (i think) flash etc is all updated as well. and as of today, files won't download from the web. please help...couldn't even run the systems info on this thing

2. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

What browser and what version of that browser?

Have you attempted in a different browser?

How much RAM do you have?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you mean that you have the latest network driver(s) from the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's site? Or from the card manufacturer's site if not an integrated adapter?

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

4. jahjah

jahjah Thread Starter

drivers from the manufacturers site. i'm not even sure if installed them right i just ran setup

5. jahjah

jahjah Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1294 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 290246 MB, Free - 179399 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K50IJ
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

6. jahjah

jahjah Thread Starter

tried that. didn't work. i also tried to update to ie9 and even though a diagnostic shows i'm running ie8 my comp says i have a more updated version... ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice