Media help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jahjah

please help. My computer has not been able to fully load videos on websites. Initially, it started with youtube, but now it's any video. It will load for a few seconds, then I have to click where it left off and continue doing this to watch the entire video. i've updated drivers (i think) flash etc is all updated as well. and as of today, files won't download from the web. please help...couldn't even run the systems info on this thing

LagunaGTO

Account Closed
What browser and what version of that browser?

Have you attempted in a different browser?

How much RAM do you have?

TerryNet

Terry
i've updated drivers (i think)
Do you mean that you have the latest network driver(s) from the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's site? Or from the card manufacturer's site if not an integrated adapter?

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

jahjah

Do you mean that you have the latest network driver(s) from the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's site? Or from the card manufacturer's site if not an integrated adapter?

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
drivers from the manufacturers site. i'm not even sure if installed them right i just ran setup

jahjah

What browser and what version of that browser?

Have you attempted in a different browser?

How much RAM do you have?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1294 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 290246 MB, Free - 179399 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K50IJ
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

jahjah

tried that. didn't work. i also tried to update to ie9 and even though a diagnostic shows i'm running ie8 my comp says i have a more updated version... ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online