1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scoobydoo34, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scoobydoo34

Scoobydoo34 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I keep getting the error message from the FixIt program that says media in CD/DVD drive is not readable. I have searched online and have done a system restore, deleted the Upper and Lower filters and restarted my system but CD/DVD drive is still not able to read disc's. Below is my SysInfo any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 530 @ 1.73GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1013 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 106822 MB, Free - 54275 MB; D: Total - 7648 MB, Free - 1733 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard , 30C6, 78.11, CND74304VK
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

The drive may be burned out.

All disks?

(You will not be protected against the latest threats unless you keep your antivirus updated.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970142