1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Locker Misfire

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bloddie606, Dec 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloddie606

bloddie606 Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion with windows 10. I recently obtained Media Locker program(app????) free version from the microsoft store. This is suppose to allow you to easily and quickly hide pictures and videos from prying eyes who might use your computer, and then easily retrieve them with a password. I went through all the setup steps and set a password but can't make it work. After opening the thing with the password I typed the video or screenshot title nomenclature from the download folder and it makes a folder appear in the Media Locker. At that point I tried double clicking and right clicking on the folder but nothing happens in either case. It is as if there is only a folder title but no data in it. I don't know what to do to use this app, and the tutorial is useless. Can anyone tell me how to get things from the download folder or desktop into the Media Locker? And then how to use or open it? Oh yeah, I tried dragging and dropping off the desktop but nothing works.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Use a program like VeraCrypt to properly create encrypted folders. Other programs like your Media Locker do not encrypt and can be found by booting a Linux CD. VeraCrypt uses mathematically sound encryption algorithms and it's enrypted folders are impossible to crack.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice