1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Player 11 boot up issue, damn annoying

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by V8Fiery, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. V8Fiery

V8Fiery Thread Starter

Hey Guys, hope you can help, been tearing my hair out here..

Every time I select a few mp3`s in a folder (via My Computer) and click the Music Tasks menu button, either "play all" or "play selection", an hour glass appears but Media Player will not boot up.

If I highlight the songs, right click and select play, Media Player boots up and plays happily.

Media Player 11 is the default player, both XP Pro and MP11 are up to date

I miss my little "play all" button, any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Fiery

2. hollywoodam

hollywoodam Account Closed

hey fiery,
    though media player 11 might be your default player, that doesn't mean it's your default player for all music formats, like mp3 ext., other program(s) might have an influence on this. another possible reason is that some wmp11 drivers/files were changed, damaged or deleted by an update, installed codecs or a software installation of some sort.

the easiest solution that i will offer you for now, is to re-install a new fresh wmp11. (uninstall first - add/remove programs)
    downloadable from microsoft::
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...14-e238-4e45-8668-5166114010ca&displaylang=en
    (by doing this, wmp11 will automatically set himself default for all music formats, ensure drivers/files are working fine and set all settings in the player itself to default)

let me know how things work out..

3. casper0191

casper0191

Or you can system restore your system back to where it was using a simple Media player.

4. V8Fiery

V8Fiery Thread Starter

Cheers guys, rolled media player back then reinstalled 11 again, roblem still exists, makes me wonder if its an XP issue rather than a MP11 issue.

5. casper0191

casper0191

Hm.. so have do the things that i ask you as well?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/830821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice