Media player 11/Vista problem!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bassi

Okay I am trying to watch an episode of startgate.
6 hours ago I watched the same dvd in XP with media player 11..

When I tried now in my newly installed Vista it came up with some sort of decoder problem, so it couldn't play it..

So I installed a codec pack, and now it sais:
"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

Ofcourse I've tried that.. but nothing seems to work.. I've also tried 4 different codec pack and it changes absolutely nothing..

The dvd is burned down as VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files..

Anyone...?

panicrooster

Banned
I'm familiar with video conversion and the videots and audio ts is the file format for a dvd I do know. You are basically trying to play a dvd movie using the WMP which is useless in this area. I'm only familiar with Vista Ultimate, although I do have a copy of Vista Home Premium on a partition I never use, on Ultimate it has Media Center that has a built in DVD player with the proper codecs. Look under the start menu (click start, Windows symbol in bottom left) then find Windows Media Center. If you have it on your version then there ya go, if not, then try installing VLC player (free, but confusing with dvd format) or WinDVD (not free, but easy with dvd format). Also avoid codecs from unknown sources, bad.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online