1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media player 6.4

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Herbie, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbie

Herbie Thread Starter

I'm running windows me on a laptop which has 128 megs of ram. For some reason windows media player won't display a mpg video in anything but the smallest window...when i go to 100 or 200 or full screen the video still shows as a postage size movie. I used to be able to display 4 or 5 windows with video running at one time and change their sizes to any size i wanted, but now they all seem to display in the smallest window possible....Can anyone think of a solution to this problem...any help will be appreciated......thanks !!!!! Herbie

2. holy_saiyan1

holy_saiyan1

this might be different for your computer (have Win98 myself) but in case their similar...
    -go to Control Panel (or whatever ME calls it), clik on Multimedia
    -under "Video" change the setting to "Full Screen" or "Window" whichever suits you best.
    if that doesn't work, i'm sorry i'm just speaking from my experience w/ Windows 98. :((

3. Deke40

Deke40

Herbie-I am glad to know I am not the only one holding out and using 6.4.

I found a 6.4.7.2 that is called Media Player Classic. It is a souped of version of the stantard 6.4. Here is the link and an image of the screen.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli

PS-Born and raised in Leesville.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice