1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Player 9: Unspecified XML Parse Error

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mrcart, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcart

mrcart Thread Starter

Running MP9 on Windows 98SE. When I click on the icon to open it, I get the message, "Unspecified XML Parse Error" Clicking on More Information goes to a help topic, OC00D1197, Cannot play the file", although I have not tried to play a file, only open the application. After that, I get a message box, "Windows Media Player ! An internal application has occurred." When I click on OK, the next box is, "WMplayer !This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If problem persists . . ."

Supplemental information:

1. I experienced a crash a few months ago that resulted in having to "go back" in time to get it on again. Everything else seems to work fine.

2. I have uninstalled MP9 and downloaded and installed a new version without positive effect.

3. I have thought that perhaps something in the OS itself was corrupted and should be reinstalled.

If I put the CD with the Win 98SE installation in the drive, will it offer the opportunity to repair, or will it make a completely new installation?

4. Along that line of reasoning, I have tried to update the OS on the Microsoft web site, but I can't seem to get to the page that has the update information.

If any of these suggestions suggest a particular problem and solution to any of you knowledgeable folks, I'd be most grateful to hear what it is.

Many thanks.

Bob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice