1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Player / corrupt file

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rollyt, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollyt

rollyt Thread Starter

My daughter has got a refurbished laptop and she was trying to play some music in her media player files.
    an error cam up saying the licences for you media files are corrupted contact Microsoft product support. also all files are red indicating media player won't play these files.
    I went tools ,option, copy music and removed the tick from protect content and this did not work.
    If i have 20 files and 1 is corrupt How do you know which is the corrupt file?
    regards Rolly

2. Bold_Fortune

Bold_Fortune

It may not be your daughter's media player at fault. Ask her where she got the music files she is trying to play. Could be she downloaded them from a share site. In which case, many files can, and are, corrupt.

I might be wrong, but in any case, that would be a good place to start before we look into a problem with Media Player.

3. rude

rude

Which version of WMP is your daughter using?

If your daughters computer is online you can go to the media player and on the tool bar select Tools/Options and on the Privacy tab put a check in "Aquire licences automatically for protected content".

I have had this problem before and this fixed it,but if this doesn't work you can re-install WMP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!