Media player freezes(any player)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tokke

hi

I have this strange little problem... I have a gamesite, (like gamespot.com) and for the site, i need to watch lots of gametrailers ect. Now I reinstalled my windows a while ago(cause i f*cked my windows somehow), and i installed all my drivers, software and other things. Now, i started up Windows Media Player 10 to watch the "The Fantastic 4" Videogame trailer, and my player connects for like 2 seconds, and then it freezes. I opened another player, quicktime, it freezes. I started GTA:San Andreas for some entertainment, and the EAX-logo loads, the nVidia logo shows up, and when the intro starts, GTA freezes :s Now i fired up the Task Manager after WMP freezes, and i looked at the "Processes" list. there i saw that WMP takes like 100 CPU time.
I reinstalled windows AGAIN, i tested WMP (installed version 10 first) first and loaded up a file, and it did not freeze :s
Now, after my test with WMP, i installed these things:
Direct X (9.0c)
Videocard driver (nVidia GeForce 6600 GT)
.NET FrameWork v1.1
iTunes
Sygate Personal Firewall
NetGEAR MA111 driver (WiFi) v1.1
MSN Messenger 7.0
MSN Messenger Plus
ISP monitor (to keep an eye on my network traffic)
Mozilla FireFox
WhatPulse
Adobe Acrobat Reader
WebCam Driver
-and some updates from Windows Update

Now, all these things were also installed before i first reinstalled my windows(i ****ed it up because i formatted my other drive, and there was the boot.ini file stored :s)

Can someone help me with this problem?

TIA

[edit]My specs are:
AMD Athlon 2000+
512 MB ram
2 harddisks, 1 = 200 gig, 2 = 40 gig (both are 7200 rpm)
nVidia GeForce 6600 GT with 128 mb ram

Tokke

I've found the cause of the problem: My Videocard driver :s
i've tried to install a detonator driver instead of the ForceWare, but it didn't change anything... when i Uninstall the driver, the movie plays, but the moment i install that driver, the video freezes
HELP ME!!!

Tokke

i got a solution: i changed the Video acceleration to 1 less, and now i can watch movie's again.. but with my first XP install, i didn't need to do that

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online