1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

media player has no sound

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by skymasterson40, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skymasterson40

skymasterson40 Thread Starter

out of the blue my windows media player won't produce any sound. the songs/media are playing but no sound is coming out of my speakers. the speakers are set up correctly and the volume on both the speaker and the computer are all the way up.

i attempted to uninstall media player but it is not on the add/remove list in control panel.

any thoughts or ideas? thanks

tom

2. Tacocaster

Tacocaster

Are you sure you volume is not muted? I've had this problem once before and it turned out I muted all of the volume control. Go into control panel and search around for volume or sound options. It should be in there somewhere.

3. skymasterson40

skymasterson40 Thread Starter

i'm a friggin idiot, i had the volume down on media player all the way!!!

thank you anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice