1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media player that loads multiple songs into memory one time?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Kirbalicious, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kirbalicious

Kirbalicious Thread Starter

The thread title's poorly worded, but I don't know how else to describe what I'm asking.

Is there any sort of media player (windows) that will load multiple songs into memory at once for playing so that the HDD won't have to turn on every time a new song is played? I'm asking from a battery life viewpoint; imagine you've got your laptop in the airport, doing some word processing and listening to music. Would it significantly increase battery life to load an entire playlist of songs into memory and just access the HDD once time in a few hours vs every 3 or 4 minutes? Just a question that popped into my head as I was falling asleep last night. Thanks!

2. caraewilton

caraewilton

Hi. I am not sure if it would actually save on battery time. Further to this you would need a massive amount of ram.

3. caraewilton

caraewilton

Mmm, on further reflection, I think this is why people have ipods and mp3 players.

4. caraewilton

caraewilton

Too that point, you could try loading the songs you want on an a flash drive and playing them off that. Again it would not solve the battery economy issues as usb uses power, but then you would not be accessing the harddrive, rather the flash.

5. Kirbalicious

Kirbalicious Thread Starter

Yeah, just a random thought I had. Thanks guys!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/656184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice