1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Player will not play mp3's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Fantasmic, Jan 24, 2002.

?

Media Player will not play mp3's

1. WHAT IS AN OPTION

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. PLEASE TELL ME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fantasmic

Fantasmic Thread Starter

Please could someone help me with my problem. Windows media player and my entire computer has suddenly decided to not recognize Mp3's. Instead of the normal windows media player logo button I get a blue scroll/script loo. I have never seen this logo before on my desktop. It plays movies and waves etc. but will not play mp3's. I tried to convert files onto my pocket pc jornada 525 and the mp3's on that got the funny blue scroll tratment and will not play on the pc and the pocket pc. I'm an my wits end. Could someone tell me what the blue scroll is and how I can fix my probem? I thought about redownloading Media Player but I had doubts.

Thanks

Fantasmic :confused:

PS.
    There is a little picture of the scroll encluded with my plee

Attached Files:

2. TechChick

TechChick

You have a virus on your computer. Update your anti-virus software and run a full scan.

3. esdxc37

esdxc37

if you check the size of these files i think you will find they are small files and not mp3's

go into folder options and check the option to show all system files and you will find you know have the files back but they will be lighter as the o/s says they are system files

you will have to re-assocoiate your media player with mp3's again

4. Fantasmic

Fantasmic Thread Starter

thank you for your help. I have taken your advice and there is no improvement in the situation. could you please give me some more advice to solve my problem. thanks

Fantasmic

5. TechChick

TechChick

I received this PM from Fantasmic:

"I do not have an anti virus software package and I think that it isn't a virus on the computer as I haven't been downloading things for some time now. I haven't had any problems with my other programs and I was just wonderng if you coud give me some more advice."

My reply:

"You definitely have a virus. When files such as MP3s turn into VBS script files (which is what that little blue scroll indicates), it means you have a virus. You need to purchase anti-virus software right away. You've probably already lost all those MP3s. You may have lost other data as well. Do you use e-mail? Viruses often spread through e-mail as well as through downloads. You can scan for viruses on the internet, but you really need to have anti-virus software installed. You may have already spread this virus to your friends through e-mail.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/ "

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice