1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

media player wont work

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by drewdragon2000, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drewdragon2000

drewdragon2000 Thread Starter

can't play cd in media player cd rom wont read cd ; error says the devise isn't ready . i tried a aol free trial software and the cd rom read it . also i tried to play cd in entertainment cd player and it wont play there either . this has worked in the past ,so i think i did something wrong . i reinstalled media player still nothing . i run windows 98se my computer is a compaq presario 5000

2. ezymony

ezymony

3. drewdragon2000

drewdragon2000 Thread Starter

i downloaded winamp and i still can not get my cd rom drive to read the cd don't know what to do

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

Hello! A little more info is needed and maybe I or we can help you out a bit. What operating system are you using? Does your CD read any disks? RIGHT click My Computer (if Win98) and choose PROPERTIES. Under the Device Manager Tab, are there any little yellow exclamation marks? Do you know that older CD ROMS might not be able to read CD-R and CD-RW CD's? Winamp will play .wav and midi files. Try one and see if that works. Does it? Also, click in the upper left corner of Winamp and choose play and it lists from where. Choose the drive the represents your CD ROM. Your AutoInsert might be turned off.

5. ezymony

ezymony

drew please keep posting in the same thread. sounds like you have more problems than just player woes looks like you are in good hands with emtronics.

6. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

If this is only a problem with one particular disk, is it possible that you are using a Burned disk ?Have you tried another Music CD to see if that's the case? Not a burned CD, these drives can have trouble with those.

7. Emtronics

Emtronics

drewdragon2000 Please do NOT start another POST. This makes it extremely hard for anyone here to follow your problem and help you with it. I got your private message. I will respond on your original post to this same problem in this forum.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice