1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

media players stuttering and/or freezing videos

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Massacher, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Massacher

Massacher Thread Starter

i have had this problem for a while. i use media player classic, part of the k-lite codec pack. whenever i play a video within 10-20 mins the video starts to stutter, slowing down before completely stopping as if it had been paused. i have tried watching in windows media player also, the same thing happens.

i am using Catalyst 9.12 drivers.

i had this problem with my old video card (GeForce 8800GTS) too.

i have done some googling and other people have had this problem, for some it was their drivers. others have had success with changing the output settings under DirectShow Video in media player classic. i have tried that, but it still happens, so i am thinking it is definitely a driver issue.

has anyone else had this problem? and if so how were u able to solve it?

2. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

Have you tried an alternative to WMP or Classic?
    Jet Player or VLC?
    The Jet Player seems to play almost anything that WMP won't, and it's got all the extra's like BBE and equalizer settings. ( see if you still have the same problems with Jet)
    http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice