1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Sharing Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jfsbird, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jfsbird

Jfsbird Thread Starter

I am trying to set up media sharing from my dell xps m1530 running windows vista with windows media player 11 to my xbox 360. In following the directions provided in the help files you open media player, click the library drop down menu, then click media sharing. to start media sharing you check the check box next to "share my media". at this point i click ok, and then nothing happens, the media sharing window remains open and the ok button becomes greyed out but then nothing. the next step says there should be another menu where selection of allowable devices could take place but i never see this option. i had media sharing setup with my older laptop that was also running WMP 11 so I've done this before with no problems. I have tried deleting the DRM files to no avail. I have also reset the services that i was informed were needed to share media, including SSDP Discovery, UPnP device host and the Windows Media Player Network sharing service. I feel confident it is a localized problem and not a network issue. i tried the setup on my sisters HP laptop running Vista and WMP 11 and it worked right away. any insights would be greatly appreciated.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi Jfsbird

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Please do not create duplicate threads.
    One thread per issue please.

If you feel your thread will do better in a different forum, please use the Report link and request it be moved.

Continue replies for this issue in this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/779631-media-sharing-problems.html

Thank you.

Closing thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/781396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice