1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Sharing to Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jscuzza, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I have the newer Playstation 3, 80GB model. I am using a Netgear(Comcast Cable) Modem/Router. I have the playstation 3 connected via WiFi, and it works fine. I have enabled Media Sharing before with my laptop, and I am sure it worked. I would double check, but the laptop doesn't work anymore.

However, when I activate media sharing on WMP11, and make it so any device should be able to get the media, there is no connection to the PS3.

I am not sure if there is a special setup for the PS3, or if I need a program. According to the F.A.Q. on several sites, I have done this correctly. Should the PS3 be showing up in my networks? It isn't showing up, and I am at a lose of what to do.

-Joe

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    well usually if you have set up your machine to enable file sharing, then usually it's a firewall issue. Whether if the machine in question or the router is the cause, you will need to do some troubleshooting. First can you ping the PS3 with your machines?

3. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

Yes, I just pinged the PS3:

>ping 192.168.0.13

Pinging 192.168.0.13 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.0.13: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=255
    Reply from 192.168.0.13: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=255
    Reply from 192.168.0.13: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=255
    Reply from 192.168.0.13: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.13:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 65ms, Average = 21ms

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    how about the other way round (if the PS3 has that option)

5. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I don't think PS3 has the option to ping, it is getting Internet connection and appearing in the modem.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    is the folder where the media is stored shared out?

7. Jscuzza

Jscuzza Thread Starter

I enabled Media Sharing, and I followed some special instructions because the normal way didn't work.

The computer isn't even seeing the PS3, though. I am sure it is supposed to appear.

I have done this with a Xbox 360, course it worked, it is a Microsoft product, but even then, there were a few issues.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice