1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Media Sharing to Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by AnthonyLordi, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyLordi

AnthonyLordi Thread Starter

Hello everyone, how are you?
    I've been using media sharing on and off from my W7 pc to my xbox, not using windows media center (because it sucks), just using the dashboard "Video Library, Music Library, Picture Library", almost all of my movies come up no problem, same with my pictures, my issue is with my music.
    I just re-configured it as I just got a new xbox, so everything is fresh. My music is all located on an external hdd which is connected to my W7 computer, all of my files are located on said drive, and I have no issue accessing them, aside from my music.
    About 1/3 of my music actually shows up.
    It's always been this way, and I've just gone around it and played music straight from my computer, which itself defeats the purpose of media sharing. Now that I have a nice surround sound setup, I want to use media sharing for music, but this problem is stopping me from enjoying my library.

Could it be that I have too much music?
    Am I not sharing properly?
    My music folder is detailed as such: [Music] -> [Artist] (Each has their own folder) -> [Album]
    Could my folder format be a problem?

If you need to know anything, have any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be more than happy to respond.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. AnthonyLordi

AnthonyLordi Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice