1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Media Test Failed, Check Cables" Help please!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jlmmyfu, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlmmyfu

jlmmyfu Thread Starter

Hi

This started today when I tried booting up my IBM NetVista, right after I moved it into another room and finished vacuuming the inside. When I booted it, all it showed was the load up screen, then I got the error message "Media Test FAiled, check cables." I have no warranty, so I opened up the computer to check the cables, but everything seems fine. Could I have shorted out the hard drive when I was vacuuming it, or broke it somehow when I was moving it? Can someone please help me?!!!

2. 1069

Welcome Jlmmyfu,

It is unlikely that you have damaged the hard drive by moving it - I would be tempted to go inside again and physically remove and replace the ribon cables and the ram.

3. jlmmyfu

jlmmyfu Thread Starter

I tried changing the cables, but that still doesn't work. It still says the Media Test Error, and that it cannot find the operating system

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice