1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mediacoding - audio very silent

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by supersadie, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersadie

supersadie Thread Starter

I've just transcoded an AVI film on my computer so I can burn it to disc and play it on my DVD player. I read that video on DVDs is MPG2 and audio is AC3. So I set up the coder to use those as output formats.

I didn't alter any other settings - just left them on default.

Video is fine and everything seems to have coded perfectly, but audio volume is really really quiet. Working but almost inaudible. I can change the audio output settings and transcode again, but don't know what I'd do to ensure it will play on DVD.

Any advice?

Thanks

2. TekTime

TekTime

With AC3, dialogue and softer sounds will sound quiet, and louder sounds will be about the same level as your other videos.

AC3 filter is fine for playback on your PC, but if you want to change the levels for encoding to DVD you will have to demux the audio back to mono wavs, increase the gain on each one, then re-encode.

OR...

Try using "Canopus Procoder" to convert AC3 AVI to DVD. You can increase the levels in the AC3 filter before running Procoder, with no demux required.

3. supersadie

supersadie Thread Starter

Thanks. Finally solved this quite simply by checking the 'normalize' button. Sound then restored to full volume.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice