1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Medtech and scanners ...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cluthakiwi, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cluthakiwi

cluthakiwi Thread Starter

I have installed a HP 5900 scanner on a Win-XP medtech workstation and have tested scanner outside Medtech and it works perfectly. As soon as I open Medtech and try a scan I get a SQL error " Scanner Lock Fails " and the process ends. This scanner is running at another Medtech practice without any issues. Medtech cannot / will not assist as they say this scanner is not supported by them ....

Any ideas out there ??

2. draceplace

draceplace

I'm not familar with the Med-Tech stuff. Does the scanner work (on this pc) but not while running medtech?

3. cluthakiwi

cluthakiwi Thread Starter

Yup It does work beautifully ..... This is definitely a Medtech issue and I believe firther that it is a lock somewhere in the interbase database ...

4. draceplace

draceplace

Might look at the one that works and see how the MedTech scanner is configured. Maybe a naming standard and or just a matter of telling the software where/what the scanner is.
    The SQL message is strange and does infer a database issue. Was the scanner installed as administrator? Or do you have certain logins/profiles that have different powers in MedTech? I'm just guessing at the different things that might keep it from running.
    If the vendor wanted me to keep paying they would tell me how to resolve this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice