1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Meeting an Idol...

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by THoey, Apr 28, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

Just found out this morning that tomorrow, I get to meet Kurt Warner, the soon to be Ex (GRRRR) QB of the St. Louis Rams, my favorite NFL team. They are having a National Prayer Luncheon and he is to be the guest speaker. After the luncheon, there is a photo shoot. I am so pumped! I have even been trying to think what I will say when I see him. Don't want to sound like a complete idiot. A partial idiot will be fine... :eek: :) :confused:

BTW, I know, I am going for the wrong reasons, to see him, not so much the religeous side of it, but maybe some of it will rub off on me...

But, anyone else meet their idol, whether it be sports, music, whatever related?

2. Mulderator

Mulderator

Well, if you want to meet Mulder, we can make arrangements! ;)

3. valley

valley

Mulder...you're offering to meet Thoey...with a wink, too? :eek:

4. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

Gee, that's pretty good. Thread hijack from the beginning... :rolleyes:

5. moonmist

moonmist

Terry.........ask him why he sucks!!!! :) Should endear yourself right from the start!! :D

I met one of my skating idols years ago, Elvis Stojko........i have a picture of him and I together with a friend........ no i wont post it because i have my skating clothes on and no make-up :p ........of course i think i was 15 or 16 at the time.......

Have fun Terry!!! just dont kiss him OK :p

6. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

POST THE PICTURE!!!!

;)

And what do you mean "Ask him why he sucks"??? Best QB in the league. Or at least will be again during the 2005 season with some team... Don't get me started on that.

7. moonmist

moonmist

:confused: What year was that??? :confused: .......... ;)

8. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

I believe that would be 1999 when he led the RAMS to the Super Bowl victory and again in 2001 when he was the League MVP. But I am talking about the future, when he goes to another team and proves what IDIOTS my teams front office is... :(

But I see you are side stepping the point of

POST THE PICTURE!!!

;)

9. moonmist

moonmist

Maybe he would do better in the CFL !!!! :eek: .......Damn, anyone can play in the CFL !!!! :p

I do the side step very well....... :p

10. slickoe

slickoe

My Idol is my father; I see him far less than I like because he lives in another state. He worked his tail off when I was growing up to give us a better life than he had, he taught me the value of a dollar, the meaning of a work ethic, and he taught me that there is more to the world than is readily apparent. Hope this isn't a "thread hijacking", but if you take your son to a ballgame and ask him who his hero/idol is and you ain't it- you got problems.

11. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

I'll have to watch you next time you side step to be the judge of that... :eek: ;) :D

12. moonmist

moonmist

Slickoe...........i think we all feel the same about our parents..... and of course you are correct in your last statement....... However, I think Terry meant in sports or music etc......... mine was simply, someone who accomplished what i always worked for........and he did it with hard work, dedication and above all he was a great sportsman............ If it was a personal level, then of course it would be my mother..... she raised us virtually on her own plus worked and dealt with my Dad being gone allot (military)..... and she did an awesome job in my opinion. :)

13. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

Okay Slick, this isn't meant to be a serious, they saved the world or walk on water thread, but you are right. If I sat down and made a list there would be many that I am amazed and in awe of above this QB. But thank you for replying...

Where is that "head beating against the wall" icon when I need it. ComputerFix!!! Can I see you for a minute???

14. moonmist

moonmist

Tell ya what terry.....you post a pic of you and the QB and i will consider posting mine then ;)

15. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

I planned on doing that anyways, so BONUS!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice