1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Megga Help Required Please!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TRADEWINDS21, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TRADEWINDS21

TRADEWINDS21 Thread Starter

Hi Guys.
    Hope someone can give me a hand here.
    A number of things.
    1) My content adviser keeps cutting in no matter how many times I reset it. How do I kill it off? :eek:
    2) When I start up my computer the web dial up box keeps popping up about three times, how do I stop this. :(
    3) I seem unable to remove programes using the add remove programes section on my control panel. How do I enable this. :confused:
    4) My Daughter loaded the latest version of the Sims only to discover that the programes would not support it. I can't get rid of the soft ware from my computer and it is since then that I have been having all these problems.
    5) When I click on the Icons/shortcuts on my desk top they don't take me to the link.
    6) I went to computerbuyer.com and ran a virus check. it deleted 10 viruses from my system but there are still two left. Any one heard of and know how to get rid of the following.
    465DD.EXE...They say it is a security risk and can't distroy it.
    Newobject1[1] Virus [email protected] could not delete it.

So there we are, looks like I have been saving up but alas no. this has all hit at once. Would appreciate any help that can be given.

Many Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Richard Burns

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

The best things to do under the circumstances would be to click here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html and download Hijackthis to its own folder,call it anything you will,then read the instructions on how to post a log back here for analysis and removal advice for your problems ...........

Incidentally what operating system are you running?

3. TRADEWINDS21

Many thanks for thw advice. Will try it.
    The System is A Hewlett and Packard Pavilion with windows 98 and a pentium 3. It was state of the art when I bought it but as with all this stuff it is now sadly out dated.

Regards

Richard

4. telecom69

Same with everything nowadays,as soon as it leaves the shop its out of date,nothing wrong with having Windows 98 and a pentium 3 however sounds good to me.....yes do post the log you might just be surprised as to what can be deleted from it that might be causing those problems .....

5. TRADEWINDS21

Firstly many thanks to Telecom67. Did what you advised and here are the results.

Thanks to the kids and the lack of internet protection this is a list of what I have on my system. They are all bad and really screwing around with things.

Hungryhands__HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\softwarregkey

Clearsearch/Clea HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\software\cl regkey

CleverIEHooker HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLsid(707e{regkey

ISTBAR/Powersea HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\software\mregkey

Incredifind/flowg HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\softwarregkey

Keenvalue/keen HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

tWAINTECH HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\oftware\tvregvalue

VX2.Betterinternetc:\windows\belt.ini

Backdoor.winetc:\windows\system\wininetd.exe

Secondthoughtc:\windows\system\2ndsrch.dll

And there we have it.....Did I miss anything.

Anyone want to buy a Virus? I obviously have some to spare!

Unfortunately I do not use or have access to a credit card so two things. 1) I cannot donate on line so I will send you a cheque. 2) I cannot pay for the down load that is offered on the site that telecom69 sent me to so a manual alternative would be most appreciated.

Many thanks to anyone who is able to help in any way.

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

TRADEWINDS21

I merged your latest thread with this one...please don't start a new thread for the same issue

thanks

buck

7. Bruhahn5565@

[email protected]

It is amazing. When my son lived at home and used my computer I had virus's on it constantly. Now that he is gone I rarely get them. Its rough to tell them they cant use it but.........

8. telecom69

I cannot pay for the down load that is offered on the site that telecom69 sent me to so a manual alternative would be most appreciated

There is no charge for downloading hijackthis,so what were you trying to download? ......

Where did you get that list from you posted above? its not a hijackthis log,go again to the site and click on one of the download locations to download,read instructions carefully how to post a log back here ....make sure you download hijack to its OWN folder name it anything you like ......

9. southernlady

southernlady

Tradewinds21, you will notice that we TRY to give you FREE alternatives to download around here. Not many of us have money for all the software that's needed to protect our computer these days, but thanks to people out there, freebies are STILL available and sites like www.majorgeeks.com keeps them available for us. That site also makes sure it's as free of adware/malware as possible. (y) Liz

10. J-Son

J-Son

if you know what files that the viruses are in and havent speard you can just delete them and i can tell ya how if ya know but if you dont then your only solution is hijack this

11. telecom69

which of the following,if any do you have installed on your computer

Adaware
    Spybot
    Spywareblaster
    CW Shredder

12. TRADEWINDS21

Thanks to all.
    Telecom69. I have spybot. and have also tried some other heavy virus killers but the problem still persists.
    The most annoying thing at the moment is that the internet settings keep reverting back to "See Nothing Mode on the content advisor" and I keep getting messages like. This programe has performed an illegal op and will be closed down. I keep re setting it but it is a real pain in the bum.
    Also when I click on the desk top short cuts little or nothing happens.
    Any suggeations will be welcomed.
    Many Thanks
    Richard

13. southernlady

southernlady

Richard, download HiJack This so we can see what you are dealing with. The program is FREE to download.

When you download HiJack This create a folder in My Documents or My Programs folder and extract it into you have created and run it from there. The reason for this is that Hijack this backup files may be deleted if it is being run from a temporary folder.

I hope we can help you fix all this. Liz

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice