Megga Problem Installing V-Stream Video Capture Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryhudson

I am endeavouring to convert some VHS tapes to DVD and have encountered serious problems.

I have an A_Open DVD burner which appears to be working ok.

I am trying to install a V-Stream X-Pert DVD Maker PCI Video Capture Card
I connect the card alright, but when I try to install the drivers, it causes the computer to crash.

A friend took the capture card and installed it on his PC. It worked fine.

I have a Gigabyte mother board with on board video card. Fearing a conflict was causing the problem, we disabled the on board video card by inserting a borrowed AGP video card, which overrode the built in one. This time the drivers installed but, the first click on the software program resulted in a crash.

I'd appreciate some help. Remember however I don't understand technical computer terms, so plain simple English please

arial black If there is anyone out there who knows anything about capture cards please reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts