1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Megga Problem Installing V-Stream Video Capture Card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by larryhudson, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryhudson

larryhudson Thread Starter

I am endeavouring to convert some VHS tapes to DVD and have encountered serious problems.

I have an A_Open DVD burner which appears to be working ok.

I am trying to install a V-Stream X-Pert DVD Maker PCI Video Capture Card
    I connect the card alright, but when I try to install the drivers, it causes the computer to crash.

A friend took the capture card and installed it on his PC. It worked fine.

I have a Gigabyte mother board with on board video card. Fearing a conflict was causing the problem, we disabled the on board video card by inserting a borrowed AGP video card, which overrode the built in one. This time the drivers installed but, the first click on the software program resulted in a crash.

I'd appreciate some help. Remember however I don't understand technical computer terms, so plain simple English please

arial black If there is anyone out there who knows anything about capture cards please reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice