1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Membership help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by eventide, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eventide

eventide Thread Starter

I've just started up a webite with a couple of friends, bought hosting space and all but to achieve what we really want to do I need a bit of help. The site is essentially going to be a fic library, which is viewable to all but requires membership to add to. So I need to:

1)Find a way of storing the fics that people submit (I have a limited number of pages for the site so I was wondering if I can just store them as files in my host space and have people access them as files rather than pages).
    2)Prompt users to log in/sign up if they wish to add stories.
    3)Add their stories without them all having to go through one of the admins first.
    4)Implement a membership system for this.

Sorry if the questions seem a bit silly, I'm totally new to this, please talk to me in idiot language :)

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Check you hosting providers server usage policy.
    You may be able to use the free joomla content
    management system.
    It will do what you want and more.
    Has a bit of a learning curve,but not too bad.
    www.joomla.org/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice