1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memerory test on winxp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vg19, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vg19

vg19 Thread Starter

Hi,

I just formatted my computer and installed winxp pro. When ever i start up my comp, there is a memory test that occurs and it takes about 2 min to complete. I know i can push esc to stop it, but it there any way i can make it stop so it never does it.

When i upgraded from 98 to xp, i never had this pronlem

any help??????????

2. brianF

brianF

that should be an option in your bios, enter setup, look for an option to enable fast startup or enable quick power on self test

3. Dan O

Dan O

Are you sure if it is memory or is it disk space?

Memory testing is controlled by a BIOS setting, power on your PC and watch for a message how to access Setup to change it. XP on some PCs also requires a BIOS update. Check the manufacture's website of your PC or motherboard for details.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice