1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MEMOREX TELEX 1476 -- help!!!

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by El Oso, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. El Oso

El Oso Thread Starter

Does anyone know anything about an old system, Memorex Telex 1476? I just want to restart, or exit, or whatever it would take to reset the blank screen I'm on so I can login again.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What are you trying to do with it? It's just a terminal, not a computer.

3. El Oso

El Oso Thread Starter

Ah. I see. I didn't realize it was only the monitor, because it seems to be attached to the 'cpu', as it were. They share the same power button. However, I guess my issue then is with the system we're using. Once I figure out what kind of system it is, then maybe I can give you more information. I apologize for the confusion.

4. JohnWill

No problem, that's why we're here. Hopefully, we can clear a little of the confusion. :D

5. lachlan250

lachlan250

We have a MEMOREX TELEX 1476 connected to an old AS400 we can't seem to get rid of; and I need to change the switch setting to 0 0. The setting under the key board are all set to zero, so it must be software related. Does anybody remember how to do this?

6. JohnWill

I have trouble remembering seeing one of these, never mind how to configure them! :D

7. jwstewart2783

jwstewart2783

Turn the tube off.
    Hold down the space bar while turning the tube back on.
    You should enter offline workstation setup. From here you can set the display address to 0. IF there's a printer connected you can set the address for that also. Instructions are at the bottom of the screen.

Hope this helps

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice