1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memort Stick Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dickzimm, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dickzimm

dickzimm Thread Starter

About 6 weeks ago I transfered some files to a memory stick. This was the first time I ever did this. The stick was placed in a drawer. These files are records of various personal expenditures. Pretty much on a daily basis I add to each file. Yesterday I put in the memory stick and viewed a file and it contained up to date information. How can this be possible?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Someone else updated the file?

I hardly think this is a case of "spooky action at-a-distance". :D

3. ProWFP

ProWFP

LOL, contained up-to-date information, thats creepy lmao.

And yeah, someone else must've updated it, lol.

4. SB305

SB305

Are you using synchronising software which automatically updates the flash disk when it's plugged in?

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

That's probably it, or the app itself keeps the files backed up once a destination has been chosen.

6. dickzimm

dickzimm Thread Starter

How can I TELL IF i HAVE SYNCRONIZING software? IT is not possible that anyone else updates the stick.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Then what mechanism are you proposing as the cause of this update?

Look in Task Manager and see if the program is running. Look in its Help file to see if that is one of its functions.

8. SB305

SB305

You'd know if you had it because you would have deliberately chosen to use it in, say, a database or spreadsheet program. It's most commonly used by people keeping their PDA's up to date with data on their PC's and vice-versa.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice