Memort Stick Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dickzimm

About 6 weeks ago I transfered some files to a memory stick. This was the first time I ever did this. The stick was placed in a drawer. These files are records of various personal expenditures. Pretty much on a daily basis I add to each file. Yesterday I put in the memory stick and viewed a file and it contained up to date information. How can this be possible?

Someone else updated the file?

I hardly think this is a case of "spooky action at-a-distance". :D

LOL, contained up-to-date information, thats creepy lmao.

And yeah, someone else must've updated it, lol.

Are you using synchronising software which automatically updates the flash disk when it's plugged in?

SB305 said:
Are you using synchronising software which automatically updates the flash disk when it's plugged in?
That's probably it, or the app itself keeps the files backed up once a destination has been chosen.

dickzimm

How can I TELL IF i HAVE SYNCRONIZING software? IT is not possible that anyone else updates the stick.

dickzimm said:
How can I TELL IF i HAVE SYNCRONIZING software? IT is not possible that anyone else updates the stick.
Then what mechanism are you proposing as the cause of this update?

Look in Task Manager and see if the program is running. Look in its Help file to see if that is one of its functions.

You'd know if you had it because you would have deliberately chosen to use it in, say, a database or spreadsheet program. It's most commonly used by people keeping their PDA's up to date with data on their PC's and vice-versa.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online