1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory amount incorrect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gavjb, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gavjb

gavjb Thread Starter

i have just put 2x 128mb pc133 dimms in a 100mhz motherboard.i know 133mhz modules are backward compatable and should work yet they are only recognized as 64 mb modules any ideas as to why this is?

2. deuce

deuce

How much ram does your mobo support? What make/model is it?

3. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

Hey gavjb, welcome to TSG!

You can get that information at the first screen that shows up (if you can read fast!)

Another way is through the System Information screen in System Tools.

4. hornetsjet

hornetsjet

Hi! i also had these problem before.
    My computer has 64MB SDRAM but it only show 32MB only, it cause my system running very slow.
    Then i tried to call my friend to check for me, and he also didn't know why.
    Finally, i sent my computer to the factory..
    The problem had resolved!! That's a line didn't connect properly in the motherboard.
    So i suggest u that check the line inside ur box first..

5. gavjb

gavjb Thread Starter

the m/b is a jetway 531cf which supports up to 512 mb ram. i have replaced the 133 modules with 100mhz modules and these work fine. both dimm slots are in working order and reading the 128 mb modules correctly. i can only presume it is a fussy m/b but would like to know for sure so if anyone can shed any light on this that would be great.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice