1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory card, no recognition, can't download

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lorettap, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lorettap

lorettap Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56, x64 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2941 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1200, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 236973 MB, Free - 22057 MB; D: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 632083 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, IALAA
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

For several years, I have been inserting the memory card, downloading photos and enjoyed how easy it was. Just last week, no recognition of the card. I bought new cards thinking the one I was using might have gone bad. No recognition with the new memory card either although it functions just fine in the camera. What to do? I looked other tasks and tried that. No help.

2. wowzer

wowzer

From your descripion the reader is at fault.

Have you tried the card in another reader?

Is the reader built in or external?

3. lorettap

lorettap Thread Starter

Thank you for answering. The reader is in my laptop. I don't happen to have another reader -- other
    than the camera which shows the pictures without any problem.

How can this be fixed -- or can it?

L

4. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

you could try downloading the latest drivers for your vista os. some times windows updates can cause problems

could try a card reader one i use is an INKIL hdd usb docking station has several card reader slots and will read the high quality cards The unit is priced around 40 dollars aus
    other thought does the camera have usb connection to connect to pc?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1080972

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice