1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory card problem.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by greyfox1946, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greyfox1946

greyfox1946 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,my 1st visit to this site as I have a small problem.I don't know if I'm on the correct forum but here goes.
    I've bought a micro memory card for my daughters phone,apparently it has to be formatted,but when I try to do it my computer tells me windows can't do this task,and I get an error message.Can anyone help with this please?,my computer is a Hewland Packard SG3-320 UK,and the card is a Serena micro SD.
    Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    Mike

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Put it in the phone and format it.

3. greyfox1946

OK tried that and got *unknown item* message,as a computer novice,I'm obviously going wrong somewhere,and am sorry to mess you about.

4. jamwaky

jamwaky

Does it say that when you immediately put it in the phone? can you get past the error message?

On my blackberry, you have to go to settings>memory then click the menu button and select format. Might be a similar sort of path to get to the place where you can format on your daughters phone?

5. greyfox1946

I just get *Windows can not perform this task*,the phone is a T-Mobile Zest E110 if thats any help.

6. jamwaky

jamwaky

Can you plug the card into the phone for me? and if you have a look through the settings to find somewhere you can format it.

Not being familiar with this phone, I am unable to help further really :/

You may even be prompted to format the memory card when you first insert it.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

According to T-Mobile's website, that phone supports a card with a maximum size of 2GB. If the card is larger, it's not going to work.

8. Firebreather

Firebreather

Is it possible to format the card using another PC?

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You don't want to and shouldn't need to format a memory card on a Windows computer before putting it in a cell phone. It will still need to be formatted within the phone.

2GB is very small for an SD card. I suspect the poster bought something larger.

10. greyfox1946

I'd like to thank all who have helped in this problem,it has now been resolved by my nephew,who at the age of 12 is a computer geek!,he came round and showed me how to do it in about 20 secs flat!,thank goodness for young people I say !!

Once again thanks all, Mike.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice