1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Card Question

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by dmcd, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

I have just bought an HP IPAQ HX2750 Pocket PC. Can you please suggest whether I should buy a compact flash card or SD card for extra memory as I have a choice of both? Also I notice that you can get different speeds for CF? ie x12 x20 x40 - which one do I need for my PDA? all the guides only talk about camera's not PPC. thank you for any help you can give me!

2. JPLamb

JPLamb

in mostr cases the compact flash is cheaper than the SD. on the CF (compact Flash) it says x40 this is the fastest there is. the faster it is the better. how much memory were you looking for because once you start to go over 512 it starts to slow down when you are trying to use files on it.

hope this helps

3. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

thank you!! problem solved!

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

From what I've read, the speed of the card is only important when it comes to digital photography. I've not read anything that says it takes longer to write to flash memory as the amount written increases. Can you provide more information on that?

5. JPLamb

JPLamb

if you are playing music or looking at large pictures the speed helps if it is fast. if you are only looking at word documents then i donot think it will matter but you may get problems when you go to file explorer on the ipaq. everything up to 512mb is ok as far as i know but when you go above this then speed can change a lot where you need more speed. i got a 1gb cf and it had to go back because it was too slow playing music and just froze. i can not remember the speed of it thourgh.

hope this helps you if you need more help just ask and i will try.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice