1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Card Reader Driver.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thesnapman44, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thesnapman44

thesnapman44 Thread Starter

I am using Windows 8.1
    I have found, in my "Maintenance" part of my Control Panel, a message has appeared, informing me that
    a Driver, for my Memory Card Reader Driver, is available. When i view the message, the solution for this, is not available. When i go to, "Devices and Printer`s" on my computer, it shows me my computer, but it has a yellow
    triangle, with like a black line running down the center of it. At the bottom of that page, where it says, "Status",
    it says "Driver is not available".
    Can anyone tell me what is going on, and how do i remedy this.
    Thank you.

2. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

Check if you've received this card reader with an optical media (contains driver that needed to installed first on your computer). Try installing the driver first before connecting the card reader. Once the drive is installed, restart your PC and connect the reader back again.

Good luck!!

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard. Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1153958