1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Card reader not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ovie, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ovie

Ovie Thread Starter

Hi, I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P, it has memory card input on the front..SD/MMC, CF, etc. Time to time they don't work, as in, I put the card in and nothing shows up on XP, and it doesn't show up on My Computer. Now, it's not working at all, it won't read my SD card or my CF card.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks

2. Ovie

Ovie Thread Starter

Any feedback...?

3. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi Ovie.
    From the way you describe your problem,It could be the worst and your card reader is dead.
    But have you been inside you pc lately to clean or change something,If you have you may have knocked the connection of the usb connector.I think the card reader is a four pin connector that fit to the bottom four pins on your nine pin usb connector on your mobo.
    Go inside your case and trace the wire to your mobo and see if it is connected.If it is then it may mean a new one but they are very cheap and ease to fit.
    Regards
    Rex
    :)

4. Ovie

Ovie Thread Starter

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out then, if that is the case, I might as well just buy a multi-card reader that connects through my USB port.

Are there any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/527438