1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory Card Reader Not Working?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by eric1214, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eric1214

eric1214 Thread Starter

I have a Gateway ML6732 running Windows Vista and recently my memory card reader won't recognize anything. It used to work beautifully, and I don't know what's wrong with it now. Does anybody know what drivers would be associated with it? I've checked my device manager and I have a yellow exclamation mark next to my SCSI/RAID Host Controller. I don't know if that has anything to do with my memory card reader, but I can't find an update anywhere. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. lisa6447

lisa6447

Right click the yellow exclamation mark and update your drivers if the device manager is unable to update drivers which is not often . Then you can go to your own computers website and download all drivers needed put in make,model number and operating system of your computer

3. eric1214

eric1214 Thread Starter

I've tried updating the driver and it won't work. I've also tried to find the driver on the Gateway website, and I can't find it there. I've even tried emailing Gateway, and they won't respond.

4. lisa6447

lisa6447

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice