1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Memory card reader problem..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by SomeGurl, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SomeGurl

SomeGurl Thread Starter

Hey there! I've got a kodak 6 in 1 memory card reader. It's worked fine for a while now. About a week ago we dumped the hard drive, just due to a ton of viruses, etc...So that was said and done, and I re-installed the software for the reader. Before I just had to put my memory stick in and a windows prompt would pop up asking what I wanted to do...This time it didn't. I went to the drivers properties and changed it to prompt when I put it in, and it still didn't. I think I know how to get the pictures the other way, because I can access them...But does anyone know what I can do to get the windows prompt to pop up?

By the way, I'm running xp :)

2. Sponsor

3. kath100

kath100

I know you said you have set it but please check again.
    Put a card in the reader.
    My Computer - right click on the drive in question - select properties - click the Autoplay tab - select Pictures from the pull down menu - click the Prompt me to choose an action button.
    Remove and replace the card.

4. SomeGurl

SomeGurl Thread Starter

Thanks, but I did it 3 or 4 more times...And before I've done it over and over. I just don't understand why it wont prompt, ugh :confused:

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Are you saying the card shows up under Windows Explorer as a removeable drive OK though?

6. SomeGurl

SomeGurl Thread Starter

Yeah, it does.

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Something i just noticed.......
    You said that you installed the software for the reader.
    Did you do that the first time or did XP find the drivers on it's own?
    If you have installed something that may be why it is by-passing the "formalities"

8. SomeGurl

SomeGurl Thread Starter

Yuppers, the first time it was installed...and even before I remembered to install the software I tried it...and still nothing.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/203590