1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

memory error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ti_xena, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ti_xena

ti_xena Thread Starter

Well, I am a system builder, but this error kinda boggles me. haven't seen it before.
    I have a athlon 1.0GHz, Tyan s2390b motherboard, running win98se. I am currently using 512MB pc133, but also have 128mb pc133 and 256mb pc133 (all are micron brand). These are working sticks of memory. When I put in either or both of the smaller sticks (with the 512mb),windows does not boot properly. I always have to restart. The motherboard has no problems with it, just windows. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanx in advance. :)

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

assuming you have 4 slots........ are you using slot #1 dor the lead w/ the largest chip?

3. ti_xena

ti_xena Thread Starter

I actually have 3 memory slots. Have tried all 3 sticks in all 3 slots...............grrrrrr.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I can see why you're frustrated
    Im sorry... don't have an answer for you but someone else will come on soon that does.

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

6. ti_xena

ti_xena Thread Starter

the only thing is this board is designed for up to 1.5g of memory

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice