Memory Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bbzxtreem

I have a Stick of 128 meg SDRAM already inside my pc. When i tried to add a stick of 256 meg SDRAM into the slot. The BIOS said that it recognized the 128 stick was in the first slot, and the 256 stick was in the 2nd. But it only said that the 128 was actually working. :mad: So then I switched the sticks around thinking "maybe the 256 needs to be in the first slot?":confused: That did absolutely nothing to my advantage. The monitor wouldn't even turn on once i did that. So here i am with a 256 stick of SDRAM that I cannot get to work. Any suggestions on how I could get it to work?:)

Thanks,

Brendan

Depending on how old your system is it might not support 256meg sticks. Some older motherboards are limited to 128meg sticks. Do you know your motherboard make and model or your system make and model.

bbzxtreem

I have an NEC that I bought around 3-4 years ago:( It runs a 450 MHz PII Processor. The model is a "ready 9910" and i'm not sure about the motherboard. I'm not really sure on how i could tell what type it is either.

Thanks Again,

Brendan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online